Saturday, May 10, 2014

Since running on WordPress theme Nemisis, facilitated by Håvar Skaugen in cooperation with the toy.


I have in many ways been dreading me a bit to illustrate any associated 22 July 2011. As an illustrator for a magazine about free speech and democracy, I knew that this had to come, and I feared it. Immediately after reading the article le luci I had several ideas, but none of them had the urgency I felt was necessary.
After a few days, the thoughts of a photograph by Diane Arbus. The desperate expression of the boy, one hand like a claw the other with a hand grenade. This was the kind of scene I'm after. But where are you from there?
In head began an a painting by Mark Ryden wrapping - a guy in pink Nazi uniform on the trike. I avoided to look up the painting before the illustration was done so I would not hang me too much up Rydéns idiom. I needed another source, and after some searching on flickr commons le luci I found a suitable starting point in the Powerhouse Museum Collection.
Having decided trehjulsykkelmotivet - is it just to run on? Unfortunately not ... what background should I have? A whole evening was spent in fighting a forest theme, and finally I had to give up. It was all wrong, it gave only associations with pedophiles. My kid will be scary, not a potential victim.
After sleeping on it, I had to try some. After a brief Word Association I came to him cycled on a "career." But what else? I read the text again; and where it glows against me - "abyss" and "singularity". Into the hole. Composition and terms of form, a different expression for me, but a very good result.
3 1 3d Ai Wei Wei art abyss children cinema bible blue democracy diy imagination fly photo manipulation woodpecker action axis Hans Bacher hole illustration inkling framing le luci Jacop Wiedemann China climate compositional evening bright light and dark track moses Ole Bull opera personnel policies Poster postcard retro round-up rpg sketches sun crystal ball texture toys vintage vox publica
Havard Legreid is an artist and designer, trained media scholar and television producer. Havard working on design and digitizing le luci the Bergen Public Library, the illustrator of the online magazine Vox Publica and member of isotopes joint studio. le luci He is a freelancer in all artistic and academic disciplines under the moniker toy vehicle.
Since running on WordPress theme Nemisis, facilitated by Håvar Skaugen in cooperation with the toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment